Monday, January 7, 2008

Sorry Again!

Oh my goodness...I cannot believe I haven't updated ya'll since Christmas! I am super sorry. However, in my defense, not a whole lot has been going on to give you an update. The baby is doing really well. I had my checkup this past Thursday: I only gained 2 1/2 lbs over Christmas!! And I am measuring right on track. My blood pressure has been perfect this whole time. I am going back in two weeks and then I think after that I have to start going every week. We'll see though; with the holidays my schedule got a little off track.
I haven't been feeling quite so nauseous lately, unless I go too long without eating. Of course since that is feeling better, something had to take its place...enter back pain. If I sit for too long, my upper back up near my ribs really starts to ache. And there isn't much I can do to make it go away. I got some icy hot patches (I have one on now actually) and sometimes it works and sometimes the ache is too bad. I am hoping it remains tolerable, especially since I spend most of my day sitting in either my car or a waiting room. My hips get sore too if I sit for too long...it takes me a while to get up and get moving. I feel like an old lady! But as long as I take it slow, things get moving eventually.

Since it is getting close to my due date, and since January is jam-packed with showers and visitors, Chris and I decided to take a last minute "babymoon" trip to Chicago over this past weekend. We had a lot of fun...and did a lot of walking. We got to see our friends Tobyn and Kristie and meet their new son Teegan! What a cutie he is! Playdate trips to Chicago, here we come! We went to a lot of smaller shops and restaurants and stayed away from the real tourist-y places. Chris was really bummed out though that we didn't get to go to the Big Bar at the Hyatt. There is no smoking in restaurants or bars in Chicago any more, so I could have gone. I was going to ask for a soda in one of the big martini glasses. Oh well, I guess we will have to save that for another day. To make up for not going to the Big Bar, I took Chris to the Lego store and let him play in there for a while. We got an Advent Calendar!! Who knew Lego made advent calendars?!
I survived all the walking fairly well. My hips were a little sore but that is to be expected considering all the changes my body has gone through. One thing I was not prepared for was whatever is going on in my knee! I had hurt it last spring playing soccer but nothing too major. Now I can't really bend or straighten it, it just hangs out in the same position and I limp like a goon! I have to keep telling people that I am NOT waddling, I am limping! I think it is a combination of the old injury, all the walking, the added weight (no, I am not telling you how much extra weight), and the subsequent change in my gait. Also, the hormone that loosens my ligaments is increasing since I am getting towards the end and I think that played a part too. I guess a lot of pregnant women roll their ankles towards the end of the their pregnancy because their joints are all stretched out and weak. I guess I am just broken!

Other than that, things are good. Chris and I are enjoying as much time together as we can, but at the same time we are really looking forward to meeting our little girl. No worries, mom, I will do my best not to go into labor before you get here :o)

I will try to give more frequent updates over the next couple weeks. Thanks for all your love and support and prayers! Have a great week.

c, c, and bp

No comments: