Monday, November 30, 2009

Still going...

This will (maybe) be a short post...just wanted to give everyone a quick update on how we're doing. We closed on our new house last Monday at 11am, and met the carpet installers at the house at noon. The movers came on Tuesday morning, we realized they had ruined a bunch of our stuff (there was a HOLE in the roof of the truck - I couldn't make this up...so there was water damage to a number of wood pieces). After they were done, we drove through the night to Michigan. On the way, we witnessed a roll-over accident and Chris pulled 5 people from the car, 3 of which were children, NONE of which had their seatbelts on. Thank God the injuries were only to one person. We pulled into Gamma's at 8am, Chris and Thalia went back to bed, I was swamped with work. At 3pm we left to take the baby to Gamma so Chris and I could go to our friends' wedding (Congrats to the new Mr and Mrs Lee!). By the time we got to the reception, we had hit our wall. I only made it halfway home before I had to pullover and let Chris drive. Luckily we didnt' have to go anywhere for Thanksgiving - everyone came to us! It was really wonderful to spend time with Chris' family. I missed mine, but Chris' family has really taken me in as one of their own and they are fabulous people. We tried to play "Christmas Story" the game - what a joke. I swear a bunch of drunk college kids came up with it while watching the all day marathon! Friday morning Chris and I went shopping - we actually were given a hard time by a friend of ours who works at Kohl's because we showed up at 11! We got a lot of great deals on stuff we needed for our bedroom and the bathrooms...plus a new pair of boots for me! :o) That night we went to GiGi's for pizza with Aunt Lori and then took Thalia to her first Red Wings game! The game stunk, but we had a great time riding the people mover and cheering. Thalia was a bit freaked at first but then started clapping and dancing. It was great - a perfect night (except the Wings lost) topped off with a trip to Astoria!! Saturday Chris and I were lazy bums and literally sat on the couch most of the day. We were supposed to go to my 10 year reunion but I couldn't get the energy to drive 90 minutes just for a drink. So Aunt Steffi and Uncle Barrett came down for dinner and we had a lovely time. Sunday, we packed up and hit the road at 730 am. We made it home at 1030pm...I have never seen such traffic! Needless to say, I am tired and distracted today. Gampa came down with us to help paint and unpack. Yes, I actually left Chris and his dad with the task of picking paint colors. I'm sure they'll do fine. Sigh...so here I am at work, exhausted and wishing I were on a beach somwhere. I keep telling myself it will all be over soon...although i've been telling myself that for quite some time now ;o)

much love and very little sleep,
c, c, and t

ps...pics of our weekend to come soon

1 comment:

Courtney said...

whew! Just READING that stressed me out. :) Praying for some peace for you guys.