Friday, January 30, 2009

funny story

ok, so this isn't about thalia but i thought it was funny so i am going to share it! periodically, my car will frost overnight (yes, i know...poor me). this usually wouldn't be a big deal, except i didn't bring my ice scraper with me to NC. usually i will try to use my wiper fluid to melt the frost off my windshield...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. i have had to use my hands to wipe the windows but i had gloves on at the time (a $2 pair from target since those are in michigan too) anyway, today my car had frost all over it, and i didn't have my gloves. so as i debated what to do, i remembered that i had heard of people using cassette tape cases to scrape their windows when i was younger. so i grabbed a CD case that happened to be in my door, and...let me tell you...those things work pretty darn great as a scraper!!! i never would have thought that. so, lesson learned - if you are in a pickle and need a scraper, use a CD case.
on to thalia - we are having a pretty uneventful week. we have spent a lot of time at martha mama's helping her and uncle ronnie eat all the food their friends have been bringing over. it's a win-win for us - free dinner and spending time with family!! we usually don't leave until late and once we are home, i put thalia to bed. hence, not many pictures this week. but chris gets into town any minute so i will be sure to take some of the two of them and post them.
speaking of chris, i better head to the airport!
much love and much more sleep (i'll tell you about that later)
c, c, and t

No comments: